What was the hardest part about your transformation?

The hardest part was just getting started. At that time, I didn’t have a gym membership, so I pushed myself to do the stair master almost daily. Only, I didn’t like cardio at first, but I knew I had to start somewhere and do some form of cardio to lose my body fat. I was able to slowly build my way up to 30 min a day and I even ran up to 1 hour a few times, which was a big deal for me.

What is your approach to nutrition?

So during contest prep, I eat a lot of chicken and greens (Laughs) When I’m in off season and I’m not competing, I go by the 80/20 rule. I’ll eat good and clean 80% of the week and then I will let myself indulge the other 20% of the week.

For example, Monday – Friday afternoon, I’ll eat all clean meals and when Friday night rolls around, I’ll allow myself a cheat meal or a treat. On Saturday and Sunday, I will also allow for a cheat meal.

I try to stay fairly lean year round. I try not to go above 10% body fat, so when I prepare for a show, I don’t have to follow any drastic weight loss strategies.

Best 3 tips for someone looking to reach their goal physique?

Eat according to your fitness goal. What you eat is crucial to achieving your goal!

If you want to achieve the results you’re after in the shortest amount of time, be as consistent as possible with your workouts and your nutrition.
Learn to be disciplined. You must be disciplined to achieve a goal physique. There will be plenty of obstacles in your way, both in training and what you should and shouldn’t eat. The more disciplined you are the better results you’ll get!

Contact Chamfit today to start your own Body Transformation!